What makes you different is exactly what makes you beautiful
AD | Loving ourselves is a crucial part of being able to love somebody else, and part of loving yourself is embracing what makes you different. Often times we are our own worst critic, I cant tell you how many times I have focused so much on the things I didnt like about myself, that I was unable to focus on what makes me great. You deserve happiness, you deserve love and you are WORTHY of happiness and love… lets start with some affirmations.
Self Love Affirmations
- I am worthy of love and happiness
- I love myself more every day
- I accept my own flaws and embrace the fact they make me unique
- I love and accept myself
- I am a creative force and what I do matters
- I believe in my visions and my dreams
- I deserve love and happiness
- I am doing my best and I am proud of myself
- I am an energetic magnet for good and positive energy.
There is actually science behind the benefits of doing daily affirmations, a great piece on this is here.
Embracing Your Differences!
If your best friend was speaking about themselves the same way you talk about yourself, how would you feel?
Would you tell them they were wrong, maybe that are beautiful exactly as they are. Flaws and all!
What makes us all different and unique is exactly what makes us beautiful, HOW BORING would the world be if we were all the same? The same opinions, same styles, same interests… or imagine if we all found the same looks attractive? If we all had the same sense of humour? We would never find our perfect match or even friends, because everyone would match us. No-one would challenge us, there wouldn’t be anyone we can learn from or grow from.
Its really never been easier to meet someone nowadays, with dating sites for everyone!
No matter what religion you are, gender, sexuality, physical ability, there are sites for everyone. Of course, you dont need to go onto a specific dating site BUT sometimes its nice to meet people with similar interests or lifestyles.
Disabled Singles Dating is a fantastic example of such a site. A open, accepting site for Disabled Singles to meet others looking for love with no judgement.
Celebrating Who You Are!
Repeat after me – I AM A INCREDIBLE, MAGICAL, HUMAN FULL OF LOVE AND BEAUTY!
Now look in the mirror and say it again… then yell it!!! It helps if you also say it with a big smile on your face.
Now, I know this may sound odd and it might feel really weird to actually do BUT go with me here, grab a pen and write down 10 things you love about yourself, then 10 things you are proud of yourself for. Its alot harder than it seems, because we have almost been conditioned not to be able to brag about ourselves! List them, go, then say them out loud to yourself. YOU ARE A BADASS. Recognise this in yourself and own it, big yourself up just like you would to a friend or loved one.
Check out 5 Books That Will Change Your Life for some life changing reads!
- I am a powerful, independent person
- I am capable of everything I put my mind to
- I can achieve anything I dream of
- I own my own future and have the ability to build my dreams
- There is nothing I cannot achieve
- When I put my mind to something, I can achieve anything
- I am worthy of my own love and the love of others
- I accept myself exactly as I am and I do not need or want to change anything about myself
- I am perfect as I am, even with my flaws
- I affirm my own power and strength
If you loved this, I know youll love this other post on Empowerment, Confidence & Getting Back Out There
Leave a Reply